What Will I Learn? 👇
Kennel and Poodle Clubs
- The American Kennel Club (AKC) is the most widely recognized canine registry. Information on how to enter and the rules and regulations for each and every AKC event can be found on their website.
- The United Kennel Club (UKC) is the second largest dog registry in the United States.
- The Kennel Club is the largest organization in the UK devoted to dog health, welfare, and training.
- The Canadian Kennel Club is a non-profit group with a national membership base. It offers a registry service for all purebred dogs that it recognizes. All dog shows, dog trials, and other canine events that have been sanctioned by the Canadian Kennel Club fall under this umbrella.
- The Poodle Club of America is where you can find breed information, breeder referrals, affiliate clubs, and rescue and health information.
- Poodle Club of Canada is the official Canadian club where you can register your poodle and receive information on any events.
- Poodle Club of America Rescue Foundation
- Georgia Poodle Rescue
- NorCal Poodle Rescue
- Carolina Poodle Rescue
- Poodle Rescue of New England
- Florida Poodle Rescue
- For the Love of Poodles and Pooches Rescue
- SPIN – Standard Poodles in Need
- Michigan Standard Poodle Rescue
- Poodle Rescue Connecticut
- Poodle Rescue for the Southwest
- Arizona Poodle Rescue
- San Diego Poodle Club Rescue
- Poodle Clipping and Grooming: The International Reference by Shirlee Kalstone
- Dog Grooming For Dummies by Margaret H. Bonham
- Zak George’s Dog Training Revolution: The Complete Guide to Raising the Perfect Pet with Love by Zak George
- How to Raise the Perfect Dog: Through Puppyhood and Beyond by Cesar Millan
- Lucky Dog Lessons: Train Your Dog in 7 Days by Brandon McMillan
- Puppy Training in 7 Easy Steps: Everything You Need to Know to Raise the Perfect Dog by Mark Van Wye
- Traveling With Your Pet: The AAA PetBook is published by AAA lists more than 12,000 pet-friendly hotels, motels, and campgrounds. The book also includes phone numbers, directions, and prices.
You can bring your well-mannered Poodle to nursing homes, though some facilities require registered therapy dogs. You can contact the following organizations for more information on how to train and register your dog for therapy purposes:
- Alliance of Therapy Dogs
- Bright and Beautiful Therapy Dogs
- Love on a Leash
- Pet Partners
- Therapy Dogs International
Here you’ll find information on where to take your Poodle for medical care, how to make healthy meals at home, how to administer medications, and more. Consult your veterinarian for advice on your individual poodle’s health issues:
- The American Veterinary Medical Association provides articles on various health conditions.
- The American College of Veterinary Ophthalmologists allows you to search for an ophthalmologist in your area.
- The International Veterinary Acupuncture Society’s Web site lists certified veterinary acupuncturists by state
- The American Veterinary Chiropractic Association can give you information about your Poodle’s chiropractic issues
- The Academy of Veterinary Homeopathy if you’re interested in homeopathy for your Poodle.
Remembering your poodle in a variety of ways will help ease the pain of the loss. The following is a list of options for memorializing your poodle:
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
Marko is the founder and author at PoodleHQ, where he leverages his expertise and passion. With three generations of poodles under his care, Marko is a lifelong enthusiast of the breed and all animals, bringing his love and appreciation to his work every day.